I have been married to a pastor’s wife for over 20 years. The other way to say that, of course, is that Pauline has over 20 years experience of being a pastor’s wife. A friend (who is going to be marrying a pastor soon) asked her for ten tips. She came up with twelve, and has blogged about them. Here are the points; you can read more on her ‘Tales from Taughlumny’ blog.
- Avoid the comparison trap and keep juggling.
- Be yourself.
- Support your husband.
- Keep your sense of humour.
- Keep romance alive.
- Guard your family time.
- Protect your children.
- Don’t respond to every request for help.
- Develop a thick skin.
- Cultivate your relationship with God.
- Maintain friendships outside the church.
- Be thankful.
Read the whole article here.