- You need to live out your calling, and not someone else’s
- If you live for people’s praise, their criticism will really hurt you
- You should (not) be professional about your work
- There is a difference between perseverance and stubbornness
- Conflict is inevitable: you need to learn how to handle it well
- Being a great preacher and a compassionate pastor should not be an either/or
- There are people who will be glad to help you: ask them
- Being teachable and correctable is a virtue
- It is (not) about you
- The gospel is true
PS – the photo in the middle of the article is not me!
PPS – I was not the perfect pastor!